Friday, September 4, 2009

A Brief Explanation




Being brought up on all types of heavy music, I’ve become a fan of heavy metal music. My parents used to play Van Halen, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, and Judas Priest all the time. I, in turn, explored the genre and began to listen to all different types of heavy metal bands. Heavy metal has always had a positive impact on me and helped me through a lot of tough situations. All music is a positive form of self-expression, yet the general public looks down upon heavy metal and says it is having a negative influence on its fans these days. It is said to be the cause of social disorder and violence, it provokes negative thoughts and behavior from listeners and contains subliminal messages. I am here to defend heavy metal and prove that it is not the negative force society makes it out to be. I will be using reports from popular news sites, such as CNN and MSNBC. I will also take citations from heavy metal artist themselves from the documentary, Metal: A Headbanger's Journey to support my cause.

-http://www.birminghamuk.com/wikipedia/images/judas.jpg

John Cleaton

1 comment:

  1. I am not a huge fan of heavy metal but there are several songs from the bands you listed above that I do like, and are on my MP3 player. I look forward to reading your blog during the semester.

    ReplyDelete